Covid19 Daily Briefing 9 April
**Email sent on behalf of the LMC, Clinical Directors and NHS Calderdale CCG**
1. End of Life information for Primary Care
2. Support Service for Staff
· There are a range of support services available to staff at this time that are detailed on the LMC website under a heading of Well Being. http://www.calderdalelmc.com/covid19supportresourcestostaff
· The NHS has launched a mental health hotline as part of a package of measures to support the NHS’s 1.4 million staff as they help people deal with the coronavirus.
· Wellbeing Poster
3. Summary Documents NEW
· We have created the following single summary documents for ease and will highlight the additions:
o Secondary Care Specialist Support including A&G
o Screening & Imms
4. THIS Opening Hours over Easter
· See attached opening hours
5. Posters for practices
· See attached
6. Dementia Referrals
· Referrals to Calderdale dementia post-diagnostic support service during the coronavirus pandemic
· The Alzheimer’s Society, which runs the Calderdale dementia post-diagnostic support service is having to close its Halifax office in line with government guidance.
· Please direct any referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred option) or phone them through to Paul Smithson on 07803 115653, where they will then be redirected to the duty worker.
7. Optometry Openings Updated
8. Death Verification
· Message from Dr Lisa Pickles - GPs should not be asked to visit patients to verify death by e.g. District Nurses.
· See RCGP advice ' there is now no requirement to see a body after death, under any circumstances'. Verification of death does not need to be done by a doctor/any competent person can verify death/this includes nurses and some other healthcare professionals who have been trained to do so.
Wishing you all stay safe and well over Easter and after.