Covid19 Daily Briefing 3 April
**Email sent on behalf of the LMC, Clinical Directors and NHS Calderdale CCG**
Another crazy week for primary care in this new surreal Covid-19 world!
I have had lots of positive comments about these key message bulletins but you have all pointed out that there is a lot of detail and sometimes you can’t find the wood for the trees.
There is just so much stuff I feel like we are drowning in it but it all seems really important and relevant – aargghhh!!
I will try to run succinctly through all the key areas of concern. The detail behind each point will either be in the notes below, attached or on the LMC website.
1) Covid-19 pathways and guidance for OL1a
· Updated version of the Calderdale Primary Care Covid-19 pathways and guidance for OL1a - please read and use this as it is key to everything happening in Calderdale today.
2) Normal working days over Easter
· Unfortunately GP practices have been told we have to open and work as for a normal day on Good Friday and Easter Monday. A blow to us all but not unexpected and completely makes sense.
· new guidance last night but little change from previously - In non-clinical gidance
· See attached poster
4) Mental Health/emotional wellbeing resources
· Links to these for all ages are now in one place to make it easy to remember for clinicians and patients – Open Minds website is the one stop shop
· see attached letter but it is all being resolved at speed and we are nearly there! Any problems email Lisa Hall
6) CHFT A&G
· For advice and guidance send as normal but mark it urgent and only ask if it can’t wait until after covid19.
· For advice from consultants or to discuss an admission contact the specific consultant on the telephone number provided – it’s on the Pathways/guidance.
7) High risk/vulnerable patients
· No need to do any searches at present or to take any action. More information following regarding what we will need to do.
· Social care and voluntary hubs up and running providing support.
8) Frailty/end of life
· The frailty pathway has been circulated and the end of life pathway details are being worked through at speed.
· Various helpful documents are on LMC website including EOL symptoms support and the legal stuff.
· An ethics committee is being formed to help with the process of deciding whether to continue active management or not for individuals and details will be circulated as soon as possible.
9) Green Sites
· For healthy patients to get baby imms, baby medicals and blood tests are being developed to be staffed by Health visitors and school nurses primarily.
· These will keep healthy patients at a completely different site to amber and red patients to decrease their risk.
· There will be 2 in Calderdale – details to follow.
10) B12 injections are a real issue
· Helen Foster has shared guidance about these as well as warfarin/DOACs and lots of other key medicine issues.
· Please help to avoid shortages by only prescribing 28 day supplies.
· Also all prescribing should be electronic now to all patients with very few exceptions e.g. prostap injections can’t be sent by ETP
11) Community beds
· There are plans rapidly developing for patients to be treated in sites other than CHFT when they need appropriate levels of care.
· We will keep you posted as these are worked through.
· The staffing will be a team effort across the system – CHFT, clinicians returning to practice and primary care.
12) Fast Track Haematology Service via ERS – Send for Triage
· 2WW Fast Track Haematology referral process has been simplified
· Select Send for Triage via ERS (from 2nd April onwards)
· The referral form must still be attached to ensure the triage can take place
· See attachment for more details