Covid19 Daily Briefing 17 March
**Email sent on behalf of the LMC, Clinical Directors and NHS Calderdale CCG**
Another day, another set of rules!
We have done our best to put together some key messages reflecting the changes over the last 24 hours. There is lack of clarity regarding some important areas but we are actively working to get answers as fast as possible for you. Apologies this hasn't come to you at 1pm as planned. That might have been a little ambitious but we will still aim for this time.
Obviously things may be changing even as we send this bulletin but bear with us, we are doing our best alongside seeing patients.
1. New covid-19 guidance:
I am sure you are all fully aware of the announcement by the Prime Minister last night.
· those with symptoms AND those who live in the same house should now isolate for 14 days;
· self-isolation does not preclude people form going outside to exercise so long as they keep their distance;
· all non-essential social contact should be avoided including working from home where possible especially for the at risk groups;
· continue to use 111online first for symptom checking. The links for more detail to the updated guidance are included on this email as usual - https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance .
· These should be done by telephone or video
· Face to face consultations should only be by exception where patients have been properly screened and there is a clinical need e.g. where you need to examine someone.
· Routine appointments are currently low priority.
3. Accurx video consultations:
Are now being successfully used in practices.
· Download www.accurx.com/chainsms onto each computer and follow the instructions to create an account.
· There are demonstration videos you can watch to show how to use it but it is pretty intuitive.
· A green toolbar appears in the top of your screen and when in a patient's records you can click on the camera icon and this allows you to input your mobile number.
· Speak to the patient first to establish they are happy with video consultation and have access to a phone and internet that will support it.
· Then click send and save and you will receive a text message to your phone with a link.
· There is an app you can download but if you haven't/prefer not to then it is easy to use without.
· Patients really like it and it is very helpful and a big improvement on just phone consultation.
· Please continue to prescribe usual quantities of everything.
· Stockpiling needs to be discouraged.
5. Contractual obligations:
QOF and other contractual requirements are under review nationally and locally and decisions will be communicated as soon as possible.
6. CQC inspections suspended:
All CQC inspections have been suspended from 16th March 2020
7. Covid-19 screening tools:
SystmOne have published a triage tool which is embedded in the phone consultation template and is recommended to be used especially for online consultations.
· If you are approached by the media we would ask that politely request that the journalist contact the Calderdale CCG Communications Team by calling 01422 307499 or by sending an email to email@example.com with details of their enquiry and the deadline they are working to.
· A member of the communications team will be in touch as soon as possible.
9. Community Clinical Team:
We do not have the details of who is providing home visits for those who are symptomatic but will inform you of the details as soon as we have.
10. NHS webinars:
· Are taking place weekly and will be recorded and posted on NHSE Digital Primary Care on FutureNHS site once they have completed.
· Today's was about moving to remote triaging and online consultations to manage covid-19.
· It was fully booked when we looked earlier today but the schedule is there for future webinars and they are all to be recorded and posted.
As a reminder, national guidance can be found here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/primary-care/ (page has been updated with a new layout which is easier to follow)
That's all for today. Not a lot of substance I know but this will improve throughout the week.
Thanks very much.
Dr Caroline Taylor CCG, Dr Seema Nagpaul LMC, Dr Fawad Azam CD