Take Control Self-Management Courses
The Support and Independence Team are hosting 3 Supported Self Management Courses for people who are living with one or more long term conditions. These courses are available to people who are registered with a GP in Calderdale. Bookings can be made by calling 01422 224 225.
The details from the course leaflet are provided below for your information but the leaflet is downloadable and can be handed to anyone who it is felt may benefit from the support to "Take Control" of their long term health condition.
- Increase your knowledge about your condition.
- Give you confidence to use a range of tools and techniques to manage your condition more effectively.
- Support you to work in partnership with your health professionals to explore possible improvements in your quality of life.
- The programme will last for seven weeks.
- One 3 hour session in each week.
- The course will be delivered by an experienced and trained health professional.
- The facilitator will be supported by volunteers, who are people living with a long term condition and will have previously completed a Take Control course.
- The facilitators will instigate a range of discussions and guide you through the programme. We ask that you attend with an open mind and try things out.
If you are interested in volunteering to co-facilitate a course (once you have completed a course) or to help with the administration of setting up future courses then please speak to the course facilitator or contact VAC on email@example.com
Upcoming Courses - 1pm to 4pm
Beechwood Health Centre: Friday 23rd February – 6th April
Brighouse Health Centre: Monday 9th April – 4th June
(No course on 2 bank holiday Mondays)
Todmorden Health Centre: Tuesday 24th April – 12th June
(No course on 22nd May)
To speak to someone about booking onto a course please call 01422 224 225
Published 7th February 2018