Update from the latest LMC Meeting
The LMC met on Wednesday 11th April. Below is an outline of some of topics that were discussed:
- District Nurse 'Pink Forms' - Andrea Doris, Director of Operations, has shared a proposal for a way forward
- Text overusage - The LMC will ask THIS to give practices regular updates so that they can monitor and control their text usage
- MADE (Multi-disciplinary Accelerated Discharge Event)
- Helen Barker, Chief Operating Officer CHFT, would like to visit practices to discuss the community division
- LMC communication - Feedback from the GDPR training was that Practice Managers should be the main conduit for the LMC to communicate with Practices. Other suggestions were that the LMC speaks with GPs at Practice Leads Meetings.
The Minutes of the meeting will be uploaded to the website once they have been approved.
Latest BMA Sessional GP Newsletter
April's Newsletter with blogs regarding Pensions and an alternative career as an Emergency Department GP can be found here...
Latest Guidance - Electronic Reporting of Deaths to the Coroner
The Coroners Office have recently changed how they would like others to report deaths to them. An electronic referral form must be completed and emailed to email@example.com. More details can be found here...
Latest Minutes - March 2018
The Minutes from the LMC meeting in March have now been uploaded and can be accessed by clicking here... Gluten Free prescribing was a hot topic.
Shanee Baker from LMC Law delivered GDPR training on Wednesday 28th March on behalf of Calderdale LMC. The event was an overwhelming success with a large audience of GPs and PMs from both Calderdale and Huddersfield. Attendees greatly benefited from the information presented and had the opportunity to ask questions.
LMC Law have kindly agreed for the presentation to be uploaded to the website for your benefit. Read more here...
GMS Contract changes for 2018/19
The BMA GPs committee (GPC) England has concluded negotiations and reached agreement with NHS Employers on changes to the GP contract for 2018/19. More information here...