GMS Contract changes for 2018/19
GPC England has voted to accept this year's agreement for contractual and non-contractual changes.
Here is a list of the main contractual changes you need to be aware of:
Contract changes - in summary
- Interim uplift of 1% for pay and in line with inflation for expenses, which would be increased further following any uplift secured through the DDRB process
- Increase in indemnity costs covered
- Uplift in line with inflation for those vaccinations and immunisations in the SFE
- Uplift to reimbursements of locum cover for sickness and maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Fixed-term contracted salaried GPs for sickness/parental leave will be reimbursed (in line with locum cover)
- Minor amendments to clinical aspects of vaccinations and immunisations
- Significant resources and support for implementation of the electronic referral service
- QOF point value to be uplifted to reflect population increase (QOF indicators to remain the same for the coming year)
- New regulations to support practices in the removal of violent patients
- New premises cost directions
For more details you can read the full letter from the GPC Chair Dr Richard Vautrey (downloadable from this page) and the information on the BMA website here .
Published 31st March 2018